Friday, September 30, 2011

On Catering

Choosing a caterer and going to a tasting has been at the top of my HOLY-CRAP-I'M GETTING-MARRIED-I-CAN'T-WAIT-TO______ (fill in the blank) list. I've always figured it was going to be a fairly easy task, as, well, I love food (Justin does too). I like all types of food, especially anything that's bad for you, mainly desserts. There aren't really many things that I don't like aside from fish (because it makes me sick), and really spicy things (because I am a wimp). But basically, if it has frosting on it, or a cream filling, I'm probably going to eat it. 


I haven't been to very many weddings in my life, which is unfortunate because I really like weddings (especially when they are my own). I can't really even recall what I ate at those weddings, except for the steak and mashed potatoes at my cousin's wedding (which was mega-yummy), and an awesome red velvet cake. As yummy as steak and potatoes are, I've always known that I had to do something different when it came the time to serve up some grub for my guests. And really, does that come as a suprise (Me, different?!) I had a vision of mini burgers and mini hotdogs and a whole load of desserts. I like when things are mini because I myself, am mini and still enjoy "kid" food on a regular basis (I always get the blue ice cream at Maggie Moos).

                                                             mmmmm

And so enters Main Street Catering in Bowie, MD.  After scouring the websites of several local catering companies and really seeing nothing that caught my eye or made my mouth water, I came across Main Street (thanks, Google!). Not only do they have MINI BURGERS on their menu, but they also have MINI HOTDOGS. Fate? I think so.


I promptly called and began to discuss my vision with them. Not only were they SUPER nice, but they also suggested that we have a QUESADILLA station. Holy camoly. Justin is an avid fan of all things Mexican food but mainly just all things oozing with cheesey goodness. If there is one thing that I can say to get him exciting talking about the wedding it's that we're going to have a quesadilla station. 

2 comments:

Lydia Jane said...

yum AND cute!!

Jenna said...

Main Street is amazing. They catered my wedding almost a year ago and I couldn't have been happier.

Post a Comment