Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Christmas Retrospective

I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas! I've been saying since Justin and I got engaged that I couldn't WAIT for Christmas to come and go so that it could officially be full-out EXTREME WEDDING PLANNING MODE time. In just a little under two weeks we will officially be at the 4 month mark. Four months! This is insane! Because really, in my head, I think of it as 3 months, because the month of April is just going to be like one big giant exciting fun-fest. How am I going to sleep at night in April? How am I going to do ANYTHING in April?! Is it normal to be so unabashedly excited about one's wedding? Like, we're talking six year old-on-Christmas-morning-getting-Barbies-and-a-new-puppy excited. THAT'S VERY EXCITED. I AM USING LOTS OF CAPITAL LETTERS BECAUSE I AM SO EXCITED. This will be our last Christmas as an unmarried pair. My last Christmas as a Smith! Next Christmas I will be Mrs. Gore.


Last Christmas Justin and I were just finally figuring ourselves out. We've come a long way since then, and an even longer way since our first Christmas in 2006. We had only been dating for a month or so. We didn't spend Christmas day with one another because we just weren't at that stage yet. I remember Christmas shopping together and we just bought one another our gifts and gave them to each other right there (I guess we weren't serious enough for a formal gift exchange?). We were a little awkward, but that's okay! Justin bought me a black shiny purse and Scrabble...and I can't remember what I got him (oops). And now, here we are, so many years later, a few years older and much, much wiser (so glad I don't wear all of that horrible heavy black eyeliner any more). 


So, Justin, if you read this, Merry Christmas and I love you and I can't wait for everything that is to come!


Merry Christmas everyone and have a wonderful New Year!


xoxo,


Caitlin






[note- How many times can one use the word CHRISTMAS within two paragraphs?! This must be a record.]

No comments:

Post a Comment